Saturday, April 13, 2013

Testing, Testing...

Things have been rather busy for us lately and tonight I finally got to play with my SONY a65 in the studio. It is still somewhat new to me, and is an upgrade for my old Maxxum 7D that I have thoroughly enjoyed using for the past 5 years or so. I bought it used from Adorama Camera in New York for a fraction of the original price. However, like everything else, the shutter mechanism became very unreliable and would often misfire, making a black or empty frame....hence the need for a replacement. This little collection was just a very quick set up, as I was curious as to how shiny metal, porcelain and frosted glass would appear when photographed on a sheet of black acrylic. The original was in colour, and I thought it would also look fine as a black and white rendering. It was not intended to be a work of art, and I was having a guilt attack for not posting on this site for so long. Hope you can find a little merit in it also....

3 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

Brilliant!

David c.h. Brown said...

Thanks Krys and Paul,
I have some ideas that I will be posting soon I hope. Dave

Krys and Paul said...

Looking forward to them!